Meet Dr. Lauren Kuhn
On May 25, 2017, Lauren received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Upon graduation, Lauren received the Gerald Shklar Memorial Award (for academic, community service, and musical excellence) and the American Student Dental Association Award for her various leadership roles.
- Lauren Kuhn is a 26-year old native of Aberdeen, Washington. She holds a B.S. in Biology (summa cum laude) from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA and graduated in May 2017 as a Doctor of Dental Medicine from Harvard University.
- Lauren served as Miss Massachusetts 2014 and placed in the Top 5 at the 2015 Miss America Scholarship Pageant, as well as winning as STEM scholarship.
- She is passionate about educational advocacy efforts and hopes to give back indefinitely.
- In 2014 and 2015, she provided an academic scholarship for women in STEM at UMass Dartmouth, beginning with holding a garage/tag sale as a fundraiser. Since then, the scholarship has grown.
- Lauren has advocated multiple times in Washington, DC for higher education expense reform and she hopes to spread the message that everyone is good enough to achieve their goals if they are willing to put in the effort and ask for help when needed.
- In June 2017, Lauren will begin a specialty program in Endodontics at the Medical University of South Carolina. During her spare time, she will work and volunteer as a general dentist.
One of her recent experiences was when a 13-year-old girl told her she was terrified to take the advanced classes her teachers put her in for the upcoming high school fall semester. Lauren's reply: "If you find it difficult, rest assured that it's not just you who feels this way. If you can't do it, who can? Ask for help when you need it, but know that you're just as capable as anyone else."